As more and more people do their shopping online it’s important to make sure your WordPress e-commerce sites and your marketplaces are optimized fully to take advantage of the people looking online to buy products you sell. Here are some tips from a top SEO company that helps businesses nationwide.
- Starting with your product you upload to your wordpress online store or marketplace like Amazon.com you need to make sure you give complete details of the product using relevant keywords that people would search on Google.
- This includes keywords in the title, product descriptions, and alt tag of images you include.
- Speaking of images upload as many as possible the more images the more likely the shopper will buy your product over the competition that don’t share as much. Here are a few examples from products we found on amazon.com that had great SEO on their products – Club Pump nitric oxide, Belly Blaster Weight Loss, Testosterone Booster T250, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Hydroxycut
- Another element of “SEO” you can control is the promotion of your product on other websites with backlinks, press, branding, advertising, and marketing.
- When thinking local to market your products online you can use sites like Groupon and other daily deal sites to reach more local people in your area.
- Although you store may be online look for local farmer’s markets, auctions, or events where you can either offer a sponsorship that links to your online store or a place you can promote your products locally and then share the place they can buy more online.
- Look for local retail stores that are relevant or might give you shelf space even if its a small area and make sure to include your website on the branding/packaging so people know where to go online to purchase your product.
- Submit your online store to local directory sites to increase your traffic and authority with the search engines Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
What are some of the SEO tips you have for people that sell their products via wordpress or a marketplace like Amazon.com? Leave your tips in the comment section.